Red Nova Labs is a fast-paced, technology company who believes attitude matters just as much as pure skill. We're seeking a DevOps Engineer who will play a key role in leading and supporting our technology releases. This hire will collaborate with the Engineering team to create and execute a high-performance solution architecture to increase the speed, quality, and scale of our newest technological innovations. This position will bridge the gap between development and production, acting in a proactive manner to reduce inefficiencies and promote time management.
- Own and operate our AWS infrastructure, manage it with Chef, and automate automate automate
- Support tools used by various teams
- Tune our systems for performance and reliability
- Work with our engineering teams to find solutions to their opportunities
- Support distributed systems in staging and production
- Run and maintain configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Develop systems for health and performance monitoring and alerting
- Drive our architecture with your knowledge and experience
- Be a part of an on-call rotation to manage when the system goes down, bring it back up and figure out why it happened and what to do about it
- At least 2 years of devops experience
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu, CoreOS, Amazon Linux)
- Experience with running a Configuration Management tool in a real production environment - Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef
- A desire to maintain production scale applications
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring solutions
- Experience with the public cloud (GCE, AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean, Linode, etc.)
- Basic networking knowledge (IP addresses, subnets, routing, DNS)
- Must have strong decision making skills to inspire the team to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to code in at least one language
- Must be able to work on-call shifts on occasion
- Experience with PCI compliance
- Some variety of Linux certification
- A reasonable level of paranoia regarding security
- Experience using HashiCorp products - Terraform, Packer, Consul
- Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive salary
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soda, Red Bull, Gatorade, and snacks
- Cubicle-free space, in-house barista, weekly catered lunches, full kitchen access, ping pong, foosball, company kickball team, regular social events, must we continue?
About Red Nova Labs
Red Nova Labs is a KC tech company founded in 2009. We sell a suite of products under the alias storEDGE to the self storage industry. That’s right, we make software and websites (and other cool services) for those physical buildings of units you store extra belongings in. We have an environment that allows every employee to help develop ideas and contribute to the company's growth. By creating this collaborative network, everyone has an opportunity to make an impact on what we accomplish.Our standards are still high, we’re filled with talent, and there are plenty of problems to be solved. Check us out: rednovalabs.com, storEDGE.com.
Red Nova Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See us in action on Facebook (facebook.com/RedNovaLabs).